UÇK veterans organization (OVL-UÇK) has called a protest in Pristina for Monday, reacting to a controversial exhibition on wartime massacres that has triggered strong public and political backlash.
The protest is scheduled for 13:00 outside the Assembly of Kosovo, where veterans say they will demonstrate against what they describe as inaccurate and offensive portrayals of the war.
OVL-UÇK chairman Hysni Gucati said the exhibition was an insult to those who lost their lives. He argued that such representations harm both public memory and the dignity of victims.
Vice-chairman Gazmend Syla added that the group would not tolerate what he called distortion of the war’s history, warning that veterans would respond publicly to any attempt to undermine their narrative.
Tensions escalated after display panels were removed from Pristina’s main square on Saturday morning, following a decision by the Municipality of Pristina to suspend the exhibition permit amid growing criticism.
Meanwhile, the Kosovo Special Prosecution said it would assess whether the exhibition content could involve criminal liability, through its war crimes investigation department.
The organizations behind the exhibition, Admovere and Integra, issued a public apology, stating that their intention had been to honor civilian victims and preserve collective memory of wartime atrocities in Kosovo.

